libtool problem or SMP problem or port problem or what?

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Mon Jun 21 07:02:14 GMT 2004

On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 07:35:53PM +0700, Sayid Munawar wrote:

> Then when i tried to make clean, it displayed:
> [root at elf XFree86-4-libraries]# make clean
> "/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.autotools.mk", line 2: USE_LIBTOOL deprecated: replace
> with USE_LIBTOOL_VER=...

Looks like your ports collection is out of date or locally customized,
that port doesn't use USE_LIBTOOL or USE_LIBTOOL_VER.

> [root at elf XFree86-4-libraries]# make clean USE_LIBTOOL_VER=15

USE_* are not to be specified by the user, they're only for use within
port makefiles.  You discovered the consequence, I'll leave the reason
for you to figure out as an instructive exercise about the ports
collection :)

Kris