4.10 && Promise TX4 at Intel S875WP1-E motherboard - no disks?

astesin at ukrtelecom.net astesin at ukrtelecom.net
Thu Jun 17 07:28:11 GMT 2004

Hello people,

After having some trouble with CURRENT on this box (P4 3.0E, note `E' on
Intel S875WP1-E motherboard, the modification with Promise SATA RAID in 0+1
setup, 4 SATA disks) due to development issues,

I decided to install 4.10 on it - the box needs to go into production really
soon and will stay in pretty much unattended mode in a datacenter.

Strange enough, 4.10 wasn't able to see RAID array on Promise, sysinstall
told me that there are no disks. Looking at kernel boot messages confirmed
this: there is no ar0 device. (???)

Any suggestions on how do I install STABLE on this box? What ATA driver do I
need in the distribution in order to get the thing working?

Thanks,
Andrew