Dell PE750 w/SATA

UEDA Hiroyuki ueda at netforest.ad.jp
Thu Jun 17 00:17:57 GMT 2004

> Hi,
> I'm planning to set up a system as described below, but I want to hear if anyone
> else on this list has had any experience with a similar setup before I put it
> into production use.
>
> It is a Dell PE750 with:
(snip)
> - CERC SATA RAID Controller (6 channel)

  Though I have tested Dell PE750 with SATA RAID1(without SCSI) using
FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE-p8, the installer could not find the disk :-(.

  But Ushine Hiroyuki has reported he can boot with some patch derived
from OpenBSD aac code.

	http://home.jp.freebsd.org/cgi-bin/showmail/FreeBSD-users-jp/79958

This page is written in Japanese, but you can see the patch. He said
that he will send-pr if he can install with the patched kernel.

p.s. I have also tried IBM xSeries 306 with SATA using FreeBSD
5.2.1-RELEASE-p8 and can boot with stock kernel. But when enabling RAID1,
I could not boot, too :-(.

-----
UEDA Hiroyuki <ueda at netforest.ad.jp>
Net Forest Inc., JAPAN