-current boot bring to db> prompt

pirat pirat at access.inet.co.th
Sun Jun 13 23:00:53 GMT 2004

On Friday, 11 June 2004 at 10:00:10 +0300, George Keramidas wrote:
> Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:00:10 +0300
> From: George Keramidas <keramida at ceid.upatras.gr>
> To: pirat <pirat at access.inet.co.th>
> Cc: freebsd-stable at freebsd.org
> Cc: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: -current boot bring to db> prompt
>
> On 2004-06-11 06:41, pirat <pirat at access.inet.co.th> wrote:
> >On Thursday, 10 June 2004 at 21:49:01 +0700, pirat wrote:
> >>

> > now that i can get rid of that harm ltmdm.ko
> > once again apologize me for disturbing the lists
>
> There's, really, no need to apologise.

no sir, i have to do.

> The answer you posted, the solution to a problem more common than you
> probably think it is (preloading or unloading modules at boot time), is
> very probably going to be interesting for a lot of people.

my only reason to follow up.

> Agreed, this has already been mentioned in past posts which live in the
> the archives now, but you get extra karma points for discovering the
> solution yourself *and* posting it as a followup.

frankly speaking or writing, i did by my instinc.  after trying
a few command at db> prompt, i get back to reboot by reset command.

two or three times after reboot, a menu number 6 that i need
appear to my eyes.  and a few trying once again plus some memories
of texts from document or handbook or FAQ suggest me to do sequences
of unload/load/boot.  sure enough, that brings me to db> prompt
during the first 2-3 trying.

that machine uname is

[inspiron] ~ > uname -a
FreeBSD inspiron.thai-aec.org 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #8: Wed Jun  9 15:
01:14 ICT 2004     root at inspiron.thai-aec.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/Inspiron  i38
6
[inspiron] ~ >

Inspiron is nothing but a copied of GENERIC and replace GENERIC with Inspiron

anyway, i need to express my sincere thanks to FreeBSD team,
to documentation project team, to the lists and to you too.

--
with best regards,
psr

http://www.thai-aec.org