OTRS, apache2 & mod_perl2

Mathieu Arnold mat at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jun 12 13:45:31 GMT 2004

+-le 11/06/2004 23:08 +0100, Jamie L. Penman-Smithson écrivait :

| I'm running FreeBSD 4.9 and I've been trying to get OTRS to work with
| apache2 and mod_perl2, both from ports. However, whether I use apache2
| with mod_perl2 or apache13 with mod_perl the apache process dies with a
| segfault:
|
| [Fri Jun 11 23:00:20 2004] [notice] child pid 92298 exit signal
| Segmentation fault (11)
|
| Which is all apache displays even on the highest LogLevel. In
| /var/log/messages all I see is:
|
| Jun 11 23:01:18 solaris pid 92299 (httpd), uid 80: exited on signal 11
| Jun 11 23:01:18 solaris pid 92301 (httpd), uid 80: exited on signal 11
|
| Does anyone have any [successful] experience of setting up OTRS with
| apache2/mod_perl ...? </plea>
|
| I've fiddled here and there and not been able to glean anything more, OTRS
| seems to be working fine - I've discussed this on the OTRS mailing list
| and it appears to be a problem with apache and mod_perl. As an aside - I
| tried rt3 from ports and it segfaulted too, suggesting/confirming that the
| problem is something to do with apache. The fact that the problem occurs
| with apache2 *and* apache13 and both versions of mod_perl is strange,
| though...
|
| I'd be grateful for an ideas
|
| Thanks in advance,

I don't know what ORTS is but I know that there could be some conflicts with
apache13/expat if using perl modules as XML::Parser, so you could have
-DWITHOUT_APACHE_EXPAT. If using apache2, you could set CoreDumpDirectory[1]
so that you get an apache core dump and you could know where the prolem lies.

[1] <http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mpm_common.html#coredumpdirectory>

--
Mathieu Arnold