Port scan detection in ipfw2

Khoi Dinh khoi at oddworld.com
Thu Jun 10 04:11:48 GMT 2004

Hi All,

This is a repost and I was hoping there might be a solution to this.  I was
wondering if ipfw2 has the ability to detect port scan like iptables with
the psd module.  I'm looking for a kernel-based solution, not app-based like
portsentry.  Also, is ipfw2 able to allow/disallow traffic according to
time? ie. If I wanted to allow http traffic only from 9am to 1pm, can I do
this with ipfw?  I've been looking all over the net looking for a solution
but haven't found one and was hoping that someone on the list could help me
out, even if the answer is "no, there are no such kernel-based features."

Thank you,
Khoi