Problems with 4.10 and mysql

freebsd-stable at auscert.org.au freebsd-stable at auscert.org.au
Wed Jun 9 00:00:18 GMT 2004

> Could I ask how you are running MySQL in your jail? I have installed MySQL
> in a jail environment on 4.10, but it won't start due to:
>
> 	Bind on unix socket: Permission denied

In answer to my own question, I discovered that the permissions on my
jailed /tmp were incorrect. Changing to the correct 1777 allows mysql to
run just fine.

-- Joel Hatton --
Security Analyst and FIRST Representative  | Hotline: +61 7 3365 4417
AusCERT - Australia's national CERT        | Fax:     +61 7 3365 7031
The University of Queensland               | WWW:     www.auscert.org.au
Qld 4072 Australia                         | Email:   auscert at auscert.org.au