Viewing SSH Connection

Dariusz Kulinski takeda at takeda.tk
Tue Jun 8 07:10:32 GMT 2004

Hello Kyle,

> It was a kernel panic, but of course I didn't have enough space on /var:
> Jun  7 23:41:59 smith savecore: reboot after panic: page fault
> Jun  7 23:41:59 smith savecore: no dump, not enough free space on device
> (261612 available, need 395776)

> So, I'm SOL this time, but I'm freeing up space as I type, in case this
> happens again (and checking my other systems to make sure they have
> enough free space in /var too!) :D

> As long as I do the 'kldunload snp.ko', I should be ok, right? Don't
> need to worry about /dev/snp* ?

actually when watch command is called I belive it automatically loads
snp.ko.

I don't know how you can protect against that, either erase snp.ko or
maybe increase securelevel to 1 (man securelevel).
But after that you won't be able to load/unload any module (there are
also more restrictions) until you reboot your computer.

--
Best regards,
 Dariusz                            mailto:takeda at takeda.tk
CCNA, SCSA, SCNA, LPIC, MCP certified