Possible portrange.randomized problems?

Pete French petefrench at keithprowse.com
Fri Jun 4 10:30:20 GMT 2004

> Are you using TCP sockets for the connection to MySQL?

Yes, though they are generated locally off the same machine. I can
try and generate a huge number of connections and try to see whats
going on. Its not related to volume though as the errors come when there
is no load at all on the machine - indeed the only thing running should
be the once-per-minute connection script.

Will let you know what I find, in the meantime the fix of turning off
the randomisation has made the problem go away completely.

-pcf.