FreeBSD-STABLE

Sven Hazejager dont at even.try.nl
Fri Jun 4 08:15:21 GMT 2004

Hi,

I'm about to upgrade a (slow) Pentium based FreeBSD computer from 4.8 to
4.10. I would like to use my (fast) Athlon PC as a buildworld/buildkernel
host and then mount /usr/src and /usr/obj on the slow computer.

The Athlon PC runs a 4.10 world, built with pentiumpro optimizations. If I
buildworld with pentium optimizations, does that newly built world rely on
any pentiumpro optimized libraries of the Athlon PC base? That would
surely hose the Pentium PC!

I recall that there were some libc dependencies in the past...

Regards,

Sven