Find / cd mount bug?

Richard Caley rjc at interactive.co.uk
Fri Jun 4 08:06:33 GMT 2004

I thought this weird behaviour might be of interest to anyone working
on the relevent bits of code. I haven't had time to investigate in
detail or try it on a more up to date build, but if anyone is
intereted, let me know and I will:

   $ uname -a
   FreeBSD pele.r.caley.org.uk 4.8-STABLE FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE #11: Tue Dec 2 18:34:40 GMT 2003 rjc at bast.r.caley.org.uk:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/Pele  i386

   $ find /cdrom -name \*.mp3 | wc
        49      49    3387

   $ find /cdrom -name \*.mp3 -type f | wc
         77      77    5214

Ie adding an extra restriction increases the number of results. The
first one isn't giving an error at the point where it stops.

/cdrom is mounting a CD burnt on FBSD. It was created with mkisofs with
the arguments '-r -T -J'. I believe it was all one session.

The first command's results seem to be all and only the ones in the
first N sub-directories (actually one level down, not in the root of
the CD), but the next one does not seems to be weird in any way (not a
very long name, not a name which clashed with another and got
substituted).

--
rjc at interactive.co.uk				_O_