panic on 4.10-STABLE boot w/SMP (same here)

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Wed Jun 2 06:48:36 PDT 2004

>Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 09:06:08 -0400
>From: Ken Smith <kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU>
>To: Kay Lehmann <kay_lehmann at web.de>
>Cc: freebsd-stable at freebsd.org
>Cc: Scott Johnson <scott.johnson at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: panic on 4.10-STABLE boot w/SMP (same here)
>Sender: owner-freebsd-stable at freebsd.org

>I just had it happen to me too... :-)

>Backing out to version 1.115.2.20 of src/sys/i386/i386/mp_machdep.c
>seemed to take care of the problem, the machine booted with no other
>changes needed.  I have informed the person most likely to be able to
>fix it.

Both the problem and circumvention are confirmed on my SMP "build machine".

My (UP) laptop was unaffected by the code in question, and did not need
a fix.  (This is unsurprising, of course....)

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
I do not "unsubscribe" from email "services" to which I have not explicitly
subscribed.  Rather, I block spammers' access to SMTP servers I control,
and encourage others who are in a position to do so to do likewise.