Epson CX5400 scanner

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Tue Jun 1 13:41:00 PDT 2004

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 09:19:14 -0700 (PDT)
Shone Earl <techbabe1971 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> it, all of my hardware works except for the scanner
> portion of my epson cx5400 mfp.  anyone know how to
> get the scanner working?  I have to keep mandrake

The general way to find answers for "how to get my scanner working with
FreeBSD?" (or Linux, for that matter) is this:
1) Check the SANE (http:/sane-project.org/) webpage
2) Google for "manufacturer model linux" (or FreeBSD).
3) search the results for clues.

And, in case of a multi-function printer, check
http://linuxprinting.org/

which for the CX5400 shows this entry:
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Epson-Stylus_CX5400

and that implies that it is possible to get SANE to recognize the
scanner (and get it working).

Sorry, I don't have that scanner, so I can't give you a more hands-on
help than that.

Good luck!
--
Regards,