perl5.8 with 4.10 stable?

Korey Verlsteffen korey at webstream.net
Wed Jul 28 14:13:32 PDT 2004

>I'd like to upgrade perl on my recently installed 4.10 box - the current perl
version is 5.005_03.  Do I download the >source and build/install it - and then
re-install the perl modules?  Or is there a cvsup/portupgrade way of doing
>this?  I have cvsup'd (ports-all tag=.) and portupgrade'd (arR) - but I still
have the old perl.  :-(  Sorry, I'm new >to freebsd.  I have also cvsup'd
(src-all) and rebuilt the kernel.

>Any suggestions and/or redirection appreciated.  The box appears to work fine -
I'd just like to have a newer perl

Type the following:

cd /usr/ports/lang/perl5.8

make install clean