IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT ignored by recent kernel/world?

Rob stopspam at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jul 3 21:36:38 PDT 2004

Hello,

I have one PC with updated kernel/world from June 25th, and another from June 10th,
all with sources for STABLE.

Both PCs have a firewall. Neither of the two seems to obey the verbose limit of 100,
that I put in the kernel configuration file.

In the past, /var/log/secure used to rotate once a week or so, but now it does in
less than 30 minutes due to the overwhelming amount of firewall logs.

The kernel configuration has following lines, related to the firewall:

   options IPDIVERT
   options IPFW2           # version 2 IPFW
   options IPFIREWALL      # firewall
   options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE              # enable logging to syslogd(8)
   options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100    # limit verbosity
   options IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT    # allow everything by default

and I have in /etc/make.conf:

   IPFW2=TRUE

Any idea what is going wrong here?

Thanks,