SSH strangeness on 4.9

Frank Knobbe frank at knobbe.us
Thu Jan 29 21:16:22 PST 2004

Greetings,

last week or so, I upgraded my laptop again to 4.9. After a couple days
I had to down grade back to 4.8 since it was acting still a bit weird.
(That 24 hour crash bug bit me too.)

What was really weird was this though: I'm in Gnome2, open a
gnome-terminal and SSH into a box (done through a launcher but same
thing happens when done by hand). All is well until I exit the SSH
session. The window closes as it's supposed to. However, the SSH
instance is still running and visible in ps. Since I use SSH heavily
(through launchers, one for each server), after about a days worth of
work and I had a clean desktop, yet the process list was cluttered with
SSH sessions. This never happened with 4.8.

Has anyone else noticed that SSH session "hang around" under 4.9?
(Straight SSH from BSD, no port stuff).

Regards,
Frank