Weird Lock-Up

Stephen Bader steveb at mercury.jorsm.com
Wed Jan 21 11:40:28 PST 2004

I had a similiar issue with a machine when the drive that housed / stopped
responding. I was able to ping, and get an SSH connection, but it would
immediately close my connection. After rebooting, everything was fine. I
found in the logs that da0 was timing out. I replaced the drive.

-Steve

Stephen Bader                  JORSM Internet, Regional Internet Services
Systems Administrator          7 Area Codes in Chicagoland and NW Indiana
steveb at jorsm.com               100Mbps+ Connectivity, 56K-DS3, V.90, ISDN
(219) 322-2180                 Quality Service, Affordable Prices
http://www.jorsm.com           Serving Gov, Biz, Indivds Since 1995