ports sup tag

Dmitry Pryanishnikov dmitry at atlantis.dp.ua
Fri Jan 16 07:14:56 PST 2004

Hello!

> Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:00:19 -0700
> From:      "Greg J." <xcas at cox.net>
>
> Taking a wild guess here.. but have you ever tried this?
>
> ftp://ftp#.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/5.2-RELEASE/ports/

 Task that I'm trying to solve is getting ports which _will come_ with
x.y-RELEASE _before_ this release (so

	ftp://ftp#.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/x.y-RELEASE

doesn't exist yet, but ports tree has already been frozen, tagged, and
unfrozen again) in order to fetch distfiles for required ports while they're
available. I want to keep distfiles for some categories of ports in synch with
ports collection in order to have nice funny set of CDs for Internet-less
installations: CD#1 (or even miniinst.iso) + distfiles for main ports
categories.

P.S. I'm sorry for creating noise in this forum, I won't continue this thread.

Sincerely, Dmitry
--
Atlantis ISP, System Administrator
e-mail:  dmitry at atlantis.dp.ua