No subject

Dmitry Pryanishnikov dmitry at atlantis.dp.ua
Fri Jan 16 03:55:11 PST 2004

Hello!

> Date:      Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:53:18 +0100
> From:      Kirill Ponomarew <krion at FreeBSD.org>
> > > freshly updated ports tree on a 4.9 box is exactly the same as a
> > > freshly updated ports tree on a 5.2 box.
> >=20
> >   Read the users email.  They're using specific tags, not "." so there are
> > (or may be) some differences as time elapses.
>
> Users should not use tags for ports collection. It's
> documentated also.

 Umm... What exactly is negative impact of using, for example,
tag=RELEASE_5_2_0 for getting ports collection which came with 5.2-RELEASE
via CVSup? Yes, I understand that I won't get fixes and improvements which
came after ports tree freeze and creation of RELEASE_5_2_0 tag. I don't
need them. What else should I be aware of? I've made it several times, then
compared CVSupped ports tree against fresh one which came with 5.2-RELEASE -
they are the same.

Sincerely, Dmitry
--
Atlantis ISP, System Administrator