Adaptect raid performance with FreeBSD

Phil Kernick Phil at Kernick.org
Wed Jan 14 05:17:23 PST 2004

A note from the dump(8) man page...

      Currently, physio(9) slices all requests into chunks of 64 KB.  There-
      fore, it is impossible to use a larger output block size, so dump will
      prevent this from happening.

Same thing likely happens with dd, so bigger than 64k doesn't ever help.

Phil.

--
    _-_|\   Phil Kernick                      E-Mail: Phil at Kernick.org
   /     \  ROTFL Enterprises                 Mobile:  041 61 ROTFL