Problems with spambayes-1.0.a.6 under -stable?

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Fri Jan 9 04:41:52 PST 2004

Hello,

Are any of you using Spambayes (from ports) under FreeBSD-stable?
If so, could you tell me if the problems described below are errors in
the port, or just me messing things up.
I installed py23-spambayes-1.0.a.6 from ports, and the installation went
without problems.
When I tried to start sb_server.py ('sb_server.py -b' to get up the
configuration page), it complained that it did not have any database
module available.
I fixed that by installing the port py23-bsddb (currently at version
2.3.3_1). Is this the correct fix?

I'm using the pop3proxy (aka sb_server.py) with Sylpheed.
What is the preferred (or "best") way to run sb_server.py? should I run
it as my own user, or as root?

Also, there is a bug in version 1.0.a.6 of Spambayes with the web
configuration. Thus I must restart sb_server.py after using the
configuration pages. The Spambayes project knows about it (it's in the
faq) and has updated Spambayes to version 1.0.a.7 (which fixes this).
--
Torfinn Ingolfsen,
Norway