NEC 1300A DVD-R writing

euroSur eurosur at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 6 13:37:12 PST 2004

Melvyn,

I'm currently having similars problems like the one you had in your message in list.freebsd.org on the 5th Jul 2003.

I'm having kind of similar problems as described above. I bought a NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A with some DVD+R RW a box of 50 Nashua DVD-R 4.7GB

Burning DVD+R RW I did not encounter any problem.

When I tried to burn a Nashua DVD-R with several software like Nero, DVD Decrypter I have the following error:

Cannot write medium - incompatible format

When Cancel I got:

Failed to reserve track

Do you have any idea why is this occurring?

I thought DVD_RW ND-1300A was compatible for both DVD+R and -R

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Rodrigo