linuxpluginwrapper woes

Daniel Eischen eischen at vigrid.com
Mon Jan 5 21:38:59 PST 2004

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, J. Shollenberger wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to get www/linuxpluginwrapper and www/linux-flashplugin6
> running with mozilla on
> 4.9-STABLE.  I've patched the rtld-elf source, installed, installed the
> ports referenced above,  and set up
> /etc/libmap.conf like linuxpluginwrapper's pkg-message says to do.  But
> every time I launch mozilla, I get the
> following error:
>
> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
> /usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so
> [Shared object "libpthread.so.0" not found]
> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
> /usr/local/Acrobat5/Browsers/intellinux/nppdf.so
> [Shared object "libc.so.6" not found]

Try changing the entry for "/usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so"
to "/usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/libflashplayer.so" in /etc/libmap.conf.
The plugins are loaded from /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/ but they
are really just links to the actual plugins.  I guess this sometimes
screws up libmap'ing.  You might try the same thing for the nppdf.so
entry.  Also make sure that linux-flashplugin5 is not installed and
that the plugin is not in /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins.