umount induced panic

Stephen Bader steveb at mercury.jorsm.com
Sat Feb 28 13:40:47 PST 2004

I am not a kernel hacker at all, so I'm just asking to get more info. You
were on the file system when you tried to unmount it, so it should have
failed with a file system busy or some such. Does it panic if you are not
on the file system at the time of umount?

-Steve

Stephen Bader                  JORSM Internet, Regional Internet Services
Systems Administrator          7 Area Codes in Chicagoland and NW Indiana
steveb at jorsm.com               100Mbps+ Connectivity, 56K-DS3, V.90, ISDN
(219) 322-2180                 Quality Service, Affordable Prices
http://www.jorsm.com           Serving Gov, Biz, Indivds Since 1995