>2GB Bugs still exist in FreeBSD 4.9 ?

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Tue Feb 24 07:03:20 PST 2004

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Phil Rosenthal wrote:

> I haven't touched the VM_KMEM_SIZE/VM_KMEM_SIZE_MAX options, however.
> Reading the LINT notes, this seems unrelated... Are you sure that's a
> necessary change?

Honestly, its been so long now that I'm not 100% certain exactly what I
was addressing with the VM_KMEM_* stuff ... I do alot on our servers with
unionfs, which tends to require some settings to be increased (ie. vnodes)
to quite high values ... I *think* I raised KVA_PAGES *because* I needed
to raise VM_KMEM_SIZE* to accommodate those increases ... but, again, it
was ages ago ...

----