Stable vs Release vs Current

Mark Foster mark at foster.cc
Wed Feb 18 13:38:43 PST 2004

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 01:35:20PM +0200, David Beukes wrote:
[snip]
> Am now running 4.9 and started cvsupping the source. my
> supfile has this line in it: default release=cvs
> tag=RELENG_4_9. Am I wasting my time? Should it rather read
> RELENG_4? If so, why?

If you want to track the security branch for RELEASE 4.9 use RELENG_4_9
Otherwise use RELENG_4 which means tracking STABLE.

> And where do security patches fit into this story?

See above.

> Any info would be helpful.

Go read
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/releng/article.html

Then if you still have questions, ask again.
--
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
Mark Foster <mark at foster.cc>  http://mark.foster.cc/