HP DL380 lockup using 4.9-RELEASE-p1

Peter Jeremy peter.jeremy at alcatel.com.au
Sun Feb 8 21:20:41 PST 2004

On 2004-Feb-09 14:59:56 +1100, Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy at alcatel.com.au> wrote:
>I have an HP DL380 that has taken to locking up hard (no messages and
>no response to keyboard, mouse or network) since I installed 4.9p1.

Slight correction.  Ctrl-Alt-Esc does enter the debugger but it takes
about 1/2hr to get to the 'db> ' prompt (spitting out 1 character every
N seconds).  I've requested a "panic" but I'm not sure if this will
respond before my colleague has to give up and reset it.

This sounds like some sort of interrupt storm.  Any ideas on how to
silence it long enough to make DDB respond?

--
Peter Jeremy