4.9 doesn't answer.

Marian Hettwer MH at kernel32.de
Mon Feb 2 07:54:54 PST 2004

Hi Zsold,

Zsolt Bognar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have one FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE server, that recently started to behave
> strangely. It is respones all ping request and I can change between consoles
> and the ftp and mysql server response (but I can't login).
> In the last week, it happened three-times.
>
> So, the apache, sshd, etc. doesn't answer. I can't login to the sshd server.
> And The CTRL+ALT+DEL also doesn't work.
> There is not kernel panic and I couldn't see anything in the log files, only
> the reset button helps.
>
> Anyone met this problem?

I don't had this problem before, but for debugging purpose you should
try to get serial access to this server. Then you can check why sshd and
apache aren't responding.
Or you may connect Keyboard Video and Mouse and take a look onto your
root console ...
There must be some messages ...

This behaviour sometimes happend to me, but it was always a DNS Problem ...

best regards,
Marian