Was: Re: Making a data DVD with 4.10 and dvd+rw-format

Stein Morten Sandbech stein at ife.no
Fri Dec 3 04:17:07 PST 2004

On Dec 3, 2004, at 11:46 AM, nicky wrote:

> Joan Picanyol wrote:

   : --> snip

> Do you have the devices /dev/cd0x etc?

Sorry 'bout intruding on this thread, but I have just one question.

I use ATAPICAM on a FreeBSD5.3R system, with a Pioneer DVR-108
dual layer with great success. Well, almost then :-)

My only problem are when an operation on the unit fails, the
/dev/cd0 device disappears, and a mknod  to recreate the device
doesn't work either.

The most recent causes have been using cdda2wav.

As of now, it gets reestablished only after a reboot.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Stein M. Sandbech

--sms