sys/i386/i386/busdma_machdep.c 1.59.2.2 breaks CardBus on RELENG_5

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Wed Dec 1 17:00:57 PST 2004

When I recently updated by IBM T30 to the latest -stable, the system
would freeze when I inserted a PCMCIA card (Xircom RBEM56G-100).
Removing the card did not free the system. I had to power cycle the
system to recover. If the card is already in the system, the system
hangs when the device is probed.

I did a binary search of patches since a known good system on 11/19 and
tracked it down to this update. Without it, the card works fine, With
it, the system locks up.

See bug i386/74601 for a few more details. Configs and logs available on
request.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)