Can't find the `5.3-STABLE' distribution on this FTP server.

Marc Plumet marc.plumet at edpnet.be
Wed Dec 1 05:05:24 PST 2004

Dear,

Here is the message I get when I try to go to the package's sites.
I can try ANY sites, the message is always the same.
Is it impossible to install new applications with the package's system
after a cvs upgrade ? with ports, no problem, but I don't want to compile
gimp.

 x Warning:  Can't find the `5.3-STABLE' distribution on this  x
        x FTP server.  You may need to visit a different server for   x
        x the release you are trying to fetch or go to the Options    x
        x menu and to set the release name to explicitly match what's x
        x available on ftp.freebsd.org (or set to "any").             x

Here is a description about my system:
- I install the freebsd 5_3 release as soon as 5_3 was out:
kern.osreldate: 503001
FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE #0: Tue Nov  9 13:34:27 CET 2004

- I cvsup the ports collection
cvsup -g -L 2 /root/ports-supfile
(ok)

- I upgrade the ports collection
pkgdb -F
portupgrade -a
(14 hours, ok except for mplayer-skins, even with packages : size mismatch)

About 15 days ago, I did a cvsup for base and port, then a make world.

Now, it's : FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #0: Mon Nov 22 09:55:05 CET 2004
and I cannot install any application with the "package system".

Thanks in advance,

Marc
Belgium.