Bad ATA Drivers ?

Warren Liddell shinjii at virusinfo.rdksupportinc.com
Tue Aug 31 18:14:29 PDT 2004

Since updating kernel//ports//src over the past weekend my machine seems to
error after a period when trying to mount my cdrom or dvd rom drive.  dmesg
shows the devices where detected on boot but when trying to mount i get the
following...

mount /cdrom
cd9660: /dev/acd0c: Invalid argument

mount /dvd
cd9660: /dev/acd1c: Input/output error

9:21AM  up 1 day, 13:16, 0 users, load averages: 1.00, 1.02, 1.20

An yes there was a CD & DVD in each drive.

I had this trouble the other day as well and rebooting the machine fixed it,
so both devices would mount, however since then something has happend so as
neither will mount.  Any ideas ?
--
Yours Sincerely
Shinjii