LINUX instalation from ports problem.

Sidnei Rodrigo Basei basei at matrix.com.br
Tue Aug 31 06:27:43 PDT 2004

Hi all... I have a big problem in the my server: I must install the JDK (to run tomcate with apache)
but i can´t make the Linux compat worls well.

I had the FREEBSD 4.7 - RELEASE and now I installed:
FreeBSD pcclab.unisul.br 4.10-STABLE FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE #5: Tue Aug 31 10:09:12 EST 2004
sidnei at pcclab.unisul.br:/usr/src/sys/compile/SRB1072004  i386

machine         i386
cpu             I386_CPU
cpu             I486_CPU
cpu             I586_CPU
cpu             I686_CPU
ident           GENERIC
maxusers        0

options         MATH_EMULATE            #Support for x87 emulation
options         INET                    #InterNETworking
options         INET6                   #IPv6 communications protocols
options         FFS                     #Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options         FFS_ROOT                #FFS usable as root device [keep this!]
options         SOFTUPDATES             #Enable FFS soft updates support
options         UFS_DIRHASH             #Improve performance on big directories
options         MFS                     #Memory Filesystem
options         MD_ROOT                 #MD is a potential root device
options         NFS                     #Network Filesystem
options         NFS_ROOT                #NFS usable as root device, NFS required
options         MSDOSFS                 #MSDOS Filesystem
options         CD9660                  #ISO 9660 Filesystem
options         CD9660_ROOT             #CD-ROM usable as root, CD9660 required
options         PROCFS                  #Process filesystem
options         COMPAT_43               #Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP THIS!]
options         SCSI_DELAY=15000        #Delay (in ms) before probing SCSI
options         UCONSOLE                #Allow users to grab the console
options         USERCONFIG              #boot -c editor
options         VISUAL_USERCONFIG       #visual boot -c editor
options         KTRACE                  #ktrace(1) support
options         SYSVSHM                 #SYSV-style shared memory
options         SYSVMSG                 #SYSV-style message queues
options         SYSVSEM                 #SYSV-style semaphores
options         P1003_1B                #Posix P1003_1B real-time extensions
options         _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING
options         ICMP_BANDLIM            #Rate limit bad replies
options         KBD_INSTALL_CDEV        # install a CDEV entry in /dev
options         AHC_REG_PRETTY_PRINT    # Print register bitfields in debug
options         AHD_REG_PRETTY_PRINT    # Print register bitfields in debug
options         QUOTA
options IPFIREWALL
options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=10
device          isa
device          eisa
device          pci
# Floppy drives
device          fdc0    at isa? port IO_FD1 irq 6 drq 2
device          fd0     at fdc0 drive 0
device          fd1     at fdc0 drive 1
# ATA and ATAPI devices
device          ata0    at isa? port IO_WD1 irq 14
device          ata1    at isa? port IO_WD2 irq 15
device          ata
device          atadisk                 # ATA disk drives
device          atapicd                 # ATAPI CDROM drives
device          atapifd                 # ATAPI floppy drives
device          atapist                 # ATAPI tape drives
options         ATA_STATIC_ID           #Static device numbering
# SCSI Controllers
device          ahb             # EISA AHA1742 family
device          ahc             # AHA2940 and onboard AIC7xxx devices
device          ahd             # AHA39320/29320 and onboard AIC79xx devices
device          amd             # AMD 53C974 (Tekram DC-390(T))
device          isp             # Qlogic family
device          mpt             # LSI-Logic MPT/Fusion
device          ncr             # NCR/Symbios Logic
device          sym             # NCR/Symbios Logic (newer chipsets)
options         SYM_SETUP_LP_PROBE_MAP=0x40
device          adv0    at isa?
device          adw
device          bt0     at isa?
device          aha0    at isa?
device          aic0    at isa?
device          ncv             # NCR 53C500
device          nsp             # Workbit Ninja SCSI-3
device          stg             # TMC 18C30/18C50

# SCSI peripherals
device          scbus           # SCSI bus (required)
device          da              # Direct Access (disks)
device          sa              # Sequential Access (tape etc)
device          cd              # CD
device          pass            # Passthrough device (direct SCSI access)

# RAID controllers interfaced to the SCSI subsystem
device          asr             # DPT SmartRAID V, VI and Adaptec SCSI RAID
device          dpt             # DPT Smartcache - See LINT for options!
device          iir             # Intel Integrated RAID
device          mly             # Mylex AcceleRAID/eXtremeRAID
device          ciss            # Compaq SmartRAID 5* series
device          twa             # 3ware 9000 series PATA/SATA RAID

# RAID controllers
device          aac             # Adaptec FSA RAID, Dell PERC2/PERC3
#device         aacp            # SCSI passthrough for aac (requires CAM)
device          ida             # Compaq Smart RAID
device          amr             # AMI MegaRAID
device          mlx             # Mylex DAC960 family
device          pst             # Promise Supertrak SX6000
device          twe             # 3ware Escalade

# atkbdc0 controls both the keyboard and the PS/2 mouse
device          atkbdc0 at isa? port IO_KBD
device          atkbd0  at atkbdc? irq 1 flags 0x1
device          psm0    at atkbdc? irq 12

device          vga0    at isa?

pseudo-device   splash

device          sc0     at isa? flags 0x100

device          agp             # support several AGP chipsets

device          npx0    at nexus? port IO_NPX irq 13

device          apm0    at nexus? disable flags 0x20 # Advanced Power Management

device          card
device          pcic0   at isa? irq 0 port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000
device          pcic1   at isa? irq 0 port 0x3e2 iomem 0xd4000 disable

# Serial (COM) ports
device          sio0    at isa? port IO_COM1 flags 0x10 irq 4
device          sio1    at isa? port IO_COM2 irq 3
device          sio2    at isa? disable port IO_COM3 irq 5
device          sio3    at isa? disable port IO_COM4 irq 9

# Parallel port
device          ppc0    at isa? irq 7
device          ppbus           # Parallel port bus (required)
device          lpt             # Printer
device          plip            # TCP/IP over parallel
device          ppi             # Parallel port interface device
#device         vpo             # Requires scbus and da

# PCI Ethernet NICs.
device          de              # DEC/Intel DC21x4x (``Tulip'')
device          em              # Intel PRO/1000 adapter Gigabit Ethernet Card (``Wiseman'')
device          txp             # 3Com 3cR990 (``Typhoon'')
device          vx              # 3Com 3c590, 3c595 (``Vortex'')

# PCI Ethernet NICs that use the common MII bus controller code.
# NOTE: Be sure to keep the 'device miibus' line in order to use these NICs!
device          miibus          # MII bus support
device          dc              # DEC/Intel 21143 and various workalikes
device          fxp             # Intel EtherExpress PRO/100B (82557, 82558)
device          pcn             # AMD Am79C97x PCI 10/100 NICs
device          rl              # RealTek 8129/8139
device          sf              # Adaptec AIC-6915 (``Starfire'')
device          sis             # Silicon Integrated Systems SiS 900/SiS 7016
device          ste             # Sundance ST201 (D-Link DFE-550TX)
device          tl              # Texas Instruments ThunderLAN
device          tx              # SMC EtherPower II (83c170 ``EPIC'')
device          vr              # VIA Rhine, Rhine II
device          wb              # Winbond W89C840F
device          xl              # 3Com 3c90x (``Boomerang'', ``Cyclone'')
device          bge             # Broadcom BCM570x (``Tigon III'')

device          ed0     at isa? disable port 0x280 irq 10 iomem 0xd8000
device          ex
device          ep
device          fe0     at isa? disable port 0x300
device          xe
device          awi
device          wi
device          an
device          ie0     at isa? disable port 0x300 irq 10 iomem 0xd0000
device          lnc0    at isa? disable port 0x280 irq 10 drq 0
device          cs0     at isa? disable port 0x300
device          sn0     at isa? disable port 0x300 irq 10

# Pseudo devices - the number indicates how many units to allocate.
pseudo-device   loop            # Network loopback
pseudo-device   ether           # Ethernet support
pseudo-device   sl      1       # Kernel SLIP
pseudo-device   ppp     1       # Kernel PPP
pseudo-device   tun             # Packet tunnel.
pseudo-device   pty             # Pseudo-ttys (telnet etc)
pseudo-device   md              # Memory "disks"
pseudo-device   gif             # IPv6 and IPv4 tunneling
pseudo-device   faith   1       # IPv6-to-IPv4 relaying (translation)

pseudo-device   bpf             #Berkeley packet filter

# USB support
device          uhci            # UHCI PCI->USB interface
device          ohci            # OHCI PCI->USB interface
device          usb             # USB Bus (required)
device          ugen            # Generic
device          uhid            # "Human Interface Devices"
device          ukbd            # Keyboard
device          ulpt            # Printer
device          umass           # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da
device          ums             # Mouse
device          uscanner        # Scanners
device          urio            # Diamond Rio MP3 Player
# USB Ethernet, requires mii
device          aue             # ADMtek USB ethernet
device          cue             # CATC USB ethernet
device          kue             # Kawasaki LSI USB ethernet

# FireWire support
device          firewire        # FireWire bus code
device          sbp             # SCSI over FireWire (Requires scbus and da)
device          fwe             # Ethernet over FireWire (non-standard!)

options         COMPAT_LINUX    # Compatibilidade com o linux

[pcclab] /usr/src/sys/i386/conf# cd /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base
[pcclab] /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base# make install clean
===>  Vulnerability check disabled
>> redhat-release-7.1-1.noarch.rpm doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/rpm.
>> Attempting to fetch from
http://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/distributions/redhat/redhat/linux/7.1/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/.
fetch: invalid size ( 1810)
>> Attempting to fetch from
http://www.gtlib.cc.gatech.edu/pub/redhat/linux/7.1/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/.
fetch: invalid size ( 1810)
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.rutgers.edu/pub/redhat/linux/7.1/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/.
fetch: invalid size ( 1810)
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.uci.edu/mirrors/redhat/linux/7.1/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/.
fetch: invalid size ( 1810)
>> Attempting to fetch from
ftp://mirror.cs.wisc.edu/pub/mirrors/linux/redhat/7.1/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/.
fetch: invalid size ( 1810)
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/7.1/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/.
fetch: invalid size ( 1810)
>> Attempting to fetch from
ftp://ftp.crc.ca/pub/systems/linux/redhat/ftp.redhat.com/linux/7.1/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/.
fetch: invalid size ( 1810)
>> Attempting to fetch from
ftp://ftp.univie.ac.at/systems/linux/ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/7.1/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/.
fetch: invalid size ( 1810)
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.redhat.de/pub/redhat/linux/7.1/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/.
fetch: invalid size ( 1810)
>> Attempting to fetch from
ftp://ftp.lip6.fr/pub/linux/distributions/redhat/linux/7.1/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/.
fetch: invalid size ( 1810)
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.inet.it/pub/Linux/redhat/7.1/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/.
fetch: invalid size ( 1810)
>> Attempting to fetch from
ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/site/ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/7.1/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/.
fetch: invalid size ( 1810)
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.icm.edu.pl/vol/rzm9/linux-
redhat/linux/7.1/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/.
fetch: invalid size ( 1810)
>> Attempting to fetch from
ftp://ftp.mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/7.1/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/.
fetch: invalid size ( 1810)
>> Attempting to fetch from
ftp://ftp.cs.nott.ac.uk/Mirrors/ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/7.1/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/.
fetch: invalid size ( 1810)
>> Attempting to fetch from
ftp://ftp.carrier.kiev.ua/pub/Linux/RedHat/redhat/linux/7.1/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/.
fetch: invalid size ( 1810)
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.kobe-
u.ac.jp/pub/Linux/packages/RedHat/redhat/linux/7.1/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/.
fetch: invalid size ( 1810)
>> Attempting to fetch from
ftp://ftp.riken.go.jp/pub/Linux/redhat/releases/7.1/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/.
fetch: invalid size ( 1810)
>> Attempting to fetch from
ftp://ftp.kddlabs.co.jp/pub/Linux/packages/RedHat/redhat/linux/7.1/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/.
fetch: invalid size ( 1810)
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/pub2/redhat/7.1/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/.
fetch: invalid size ( 1810)
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp2.compaq.com/pub/linux/RedHat/7.2-alpha/updates/rpms/alpha/.
fetch: invalid size ( 1810)
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://alpha.crl.dec.com/pub/linux/redhat/7.2-alpha/updates/rpms/alpha/.
fetch: invalid size ( 1810)
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.rz.uni-
karlsruhe.de/pub/mirror/ftp.redhat.de/pub/redhat/updates/7.2/en/os/i386/.
fetch: invalid size ( 1810)
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/rpm/.
fetch: invalid size ( 1810)
>> Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
>> port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/rpm and try again.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base.

if i type: "linux":
[pcclab] /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base# linux
Linux driver already loaded

[pcclab] /compat# ls
(NOTHING)

[pcclab] /modules# ls *lin*
aac_linux.ko    linprocfs.ko    linux.ko
[pcclab] /modules#

Could anyone help me? I dont want format my SERVER....

Thank you for all..

Bye