ld-elf.so.1: Shared objects not found

Fernan Aguero fernan at iib.unsam.edu.ar
Thu Aug 26 08:20:55 PDT 2004

+----[ To FreeBSD STABLE <fernan at iib.unsam.edu.ar> (26.Aug.2004 12:05):

Some corrections and additions to my own message follow:

[snipped]

| I read about /etc/libmap.conf and added lines of the type
| libz.so.1	libz.so.2
|
| That seemed to make mysql stop searching for libz.so.1 but
| now it fails on libcrypto.so.1, and after adding
| libcrypto.so.2 to libmap.conf now it's libnsl.so.1.

However, there's no libnsl.so whatsoever in the system,
except for /compat/linux/usr/lib/libnsl.so.1

| My question is then: is this the right way to do this? (i.e.
| using libmap.conf) I already reinstalled both client and
| server and the problem is still there.
|
| A second question: in libmap.conf the only way to make mysql
| find the corresponding shared libs is to put the entries as
| 'global'. Constraining them to [mysql] or
| [/usr/local/bin/mysql] does not work. How should I constrain
| this so that the mappings are not global and mysql gets
| working?
|
| Or perhaps it is OK to use these entries globally?
|
| libz.so.1	libz.so.2
| libcrypto.so.1	libcrypto.so.2

And finally, how should I fix the libnsl.so.1 problem?

+----]

Fernan Aguero -  fernan at iib.unsam.edu.ar
Phone: +54 11 4580-7255/7 ext 310, Fax: +54 11 4752-9639
Check http://genoma.unsam.edu.ar/~fernan for more info.