What is Stable

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Mon Aug 23 06:28:56 PDT 2004

Pete French said:
>> still considered stable.  After the 5.3 release it is expected
>> 5.X will become stable.  At that point I'm not sure what to call
>
> Is that the point at which this list becomes the correct place to ask
> questions about 5.X on as opposed to current ?

One way to know without keeping track of the details of release engineering is
to just bear in mind that the day on which the first 5.x-STABLE release is
announced on the freebsd.org webpage is also the day that this list becomes
appropriate for 5.x questions. I figure that's a pretty safe indicator.

--
Charles Ulrich
System Administrator