make package-recursive

User & pirat at access.inet.co.th
Sun Aug 22 19:51:32 PDT 2004

On Monday, 23 August 2004 at 10:14:25 +0930, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> From: "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor at gsoft.com.au>
> To: freebsd-stable at freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: make package-recursive
> Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:14:25 +0930
> Cc: "User &" <pirat at access.inet.co.th>, freebsd-questions at freebsd.org

> On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 13:27, User & wrote:
> > sorry for asking, but i need to know to aviod unnecessary making
> > packages that have been made during 'make package-recursive'
>
> What unnecessary packages?
> make package-recurse makes all the packages a given port is dependent on.
>
> What should it do instead?

apologize for my bad english and post to the wrong list.

my experiences are that i make expat2, perl5.8 from port and have made
them packages into /usr/ports/package.

now that i going on to make xorg from /usr/ports/x11 and also
make package-recursive afterwards.  the next step is that i am
making gnome2 once again from ports.

my point is that those xorgs' team such as xorg-clients xorg-libraries
should not be made package once again, since they have already been made,
 when i make package-recursive at gnome2.

one example is teTeX

cd /usr/ports/prints/teTeX
make install
make package-recursive

now am going to make docproj

cd /usr/ports/texproc/docproj
make JADETEX=yes -DWITH_OPENSSL_BASE install
make JADETEX=yes -DWITH_OPENSSL_BASE package-recursive

this time, i see teTeX, xorg-libraries also are having made package
once again

there should some way to tell make that if ports have been made package,
the next time that ports should not have been made again in the
make package-recursive from some other ports.

the machine that i see this funny thing is

inspiron# uname -a
FreeBSD inspiron.thai-aec.org 5.2.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE #0: Mon Feb 23
 20:45:55 GMT 2004     root at wv1u.btc.adaptec.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i
386
inspiron#

one more time, i apologize for my broken english and thanks to