key_verify failed for server_host_key solution

Doug White dwhite at gumbysoft.com
Wed Aug 18 18:52:27 PDT 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Henno Schooljan wrote:

> I had the same issue. I had this in my make.conf when it went wrong:
>
> CFLAGS= -O2 -pipe -funroll-loops
>
> and this solved the problem:
>
> CFLAGS= -O -pipe
>
> So I suspect the unroll loops option to be the cause. I guess I could
> rebuild with -O2 again without -funroll-loops to prove it...

Just so its said one more time ... from /etc/defaults/make.conf (or now
/usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf):

# CFLAGS controls the compiler settings used when compiling C code.
# Note that optimization settings above -O (-O2, ...) are not recommended
# or supported for compiling the world or the kernel - please revert any
# nonstandard optimization settings to "-O" before submitting bug reports
# to the developers.

So if you are using goofy options and it breaks, you get to keep the
pieces. And no, we don't want to see them :)