5.2.1-RELEASE-p9 and system crashes with samba

William D. Colburn (aka Schlake) wcolburn at nmt.edu
Mon Aug 16 12:36:50 PDT 2004

I have a 5.2.1-RELEASE-p9 box that keeps crashing.  I made it stable
last week by reinstalling from scratch, and it stayed stable until today
when Jeff reinstalled Samba on it again.  It went down quickly, and
nothing appears in the logfiles about what crashed it.  I looked in the
list archives, and I found only one reference to samba crashing FreeBSD,
but it was a 4.x kernel and I saw no solution.  I also see nothing
unusual in the remaining samba logs after the pkg_delete.

Are there any known issues/fixes with this, or where should I start
trying to track it down from?

--
William Colburn, "Sysprog" <wcolburn at nmt.edu>
Computer Center, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology