php-extensions: How adding additional module?

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 01:04:03 PDT 2004

On Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 08:06:53PM +0200, Thoamas Krause -CI- wrote:

> I've installed php4-4.3.8 and php4-extensions-1.0, but I forgot
> xslt support. Is there an easy way to intall php-modules
> later?
>
> What I've done, seems not to be the best way:
> - pkg_delete php4-extensions-1.0
> - edit /var/db/ports/php4/options: changed
>   WITHOUT_XSLT=true to WITH_XSLT=true
> - cd /usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions && make install clean

Actually, the new PHP framework makes what you want trivially easy.
Just install the textproc/php4-xslt port.  If you're using mod_php4,
restart apache.  That's all you need to do.

Now, for the sake of neatness you can re-run 'make config' in the
php4-extensions port, and check the XSLT option, but that's just
bookkeeping: using the php{4,5}-extensions port is just a convenience
thing and entirely optional.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way