problem with ipfilter and todays -stable

Bernhard Valenti bernhard.valenti at gmx.net
Fri Aug 13 11:10:02 PDT 2004

hi,

i just updated from 4.8 to 4.10-stable(from today). i noticed that i
can't ping the machine. ping 127.0.0.1 doesnt work either. when i flush
my ipfilter rules (that are unchanged since the update) ping works. now
i added the "log" option to *all* block rules in my ipfilter config.
there are no blocked packets being logged when i try to ping. i also
added "pass in quick on lo0" right on top of my config, but ping still
doesnt work. TCP and UDP connection appear to work fine.

i suppose this is some kind of bug with IP Filter.

anyone having similar issues?

regards,
bernhard