apache segfault caused by latest c-client.

Sahil Tandon sahil at hamla.org
Thu Aug 12 19:46:14 PDT 2004

Thierry Thomas wrote:

[...]

>>Could you please upgrade to this release (apply the following patch),
>>rebuild your php4-imap-4.3.8_2, and check if it fixes your errors?

I never saw this original post which you quote above.  Interesting idea,
but unfortunately imap-uw fails to build (gives an error about port
version mismatch with cclient) after I build cclient after applying your
patch to the Makefile and distinfo.

> Another possible cause of PHP (not Apache) segfault is a bug in
> php-imap itself.

It's not PHP or Apache, after all.  After warping the port back as Guy
so kindly instructed, Horde+IMP is working just fine without any
segfaults.  I would prefer being up to date, but having Horde+IMP work
is a much greater priority.  Perhaps after the port is upgraded
officially to use the latest imap-2004a sources in the CVS tree,
everything will be well.  Until then I'll stick with 2002d.

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil at hamla.org>