em driver worse then fxp driver ... why?

David Malone dwmalone at maths.tcd.ie
Wed Aug 11 00:20:23 PDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 05:37:28PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> So, is there a bug in the em device driver that doesn't exist on the fxp0
> devices?

I have a bundle of machines with em cards that had problems talking
to dumb 10Mbps switches. They work fine with a different 10/100
dumb switch.  I hadn't associated the problem with the em cards,
as almost all the machines had em cards, so I'd just assumed the
10Mbps switch was sick. I'd tried most combinations of autoneg, or
hard wiring the duplex and it didn't help.

	David.