Error With Kernel Module IPFILTER

Marton Kenyeres mkenyeres at konvergencia.hu
Wed Aug 11 00:07:14 PDT 2004

[please do not cross-post]
On Tuesday 10 August 2004 23:02, Ryan wrote:
> I've found out from two different kernel configs
> that after properly compling kernel with  IPFILTER support
> it causes the system not to boot. Its hard to say, what exactly it does,
> cause its not a local system.

Are you sure, it doesn't boot? Did you include IPFILTER_DEFAULT_BLOCK in your
config? If you did, it's possible that you didn't set up your ipf
configuration properly, (if you did set it up at all). It's also possible,
that your ipf binary and kernel module are out of sync, and that causes your
rules not to load.

You should provide more information, such as FreeBSD version, kernel config,
relevant configuration (rc.conf, ipf.conf) etc. And have someone look at the
console, to see if there are any messages.

cheers,
m.

Marton Kenyeres - mkenyeres at konvergencia.hu
KVG Konvergencia Kft.