Kernel Compile Errors

Ryan bw2003 at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 9 07:01:55 PDT 2004

bash-2.05b# make buildkernel KERNCONF=POTL

>>> Kernel build for POTL started on Mon Aug  9 09:07:24 EST 2004
===> POTL

((((Skiping To The End))))

cc -c -O -pipe -march=pentiumpro -Wall -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes  -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wcast-qual  -fformat-extensions -ansi  -nostdinc -I- -I. -I/usr/src/sys -I/usr/src/sys/../include -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/dev/acpica -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/ipfilter  -D_KERNEL -include opt_global.h  -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2  setdef1.c
touch hack.c
cc -shared -nostdlib hack.c -o hack.So
rm -f hack.c
sh /usr/src/sys/conf/newvers.sh POTL
cc -c -O -pipe -march=pentiumpro -Wall -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes  -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wcast-qual  -fformat-extensions -ansi  -nostdinc -I- -I. -I/usr/src/sys -I/usr/src/sys/../include -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/dev/acpica -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/ipfilter  -D_KERNEL -include opt_global.h  -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2  vers.c
linking kernel
kbd.o: In function `kbd_register':
kbd.o(.text+0x314): undefined reference to `kbddriver_set'
kbd.o(.text+0x31b): undefined reference to `kbddriver_set'
kbd.o: In function `kbd_get_switch':
kbd.o(.text+0x429): undefined reference to `kbddriver_set'
kbd.o(.text+0x42e): undefined reference to `kbddriver_set'
kbd.o: In function `kbd_configure':
kbd.o(.text+0x6b3): undefined reference to `kbddriver_set'
kbd.o(.text+0x6b8): more undefined references to `kbddriver_set' follow
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/POTL.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.

(((((Kernel Config))))

machine         i386
cpu             I686_CPU
ident           POTL
maxusers        0

options         INET                    #InterNETworking
options         FFS                     #Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options         FFS_ROOT                #FFS usable as root device [keep this!]
options         SOFTUPDATES             #Enable FFS soft updates support
options         UFS_DIRHASH             #Improve performance on big directories
options         MFS                     #Memory Filesystem
options         MD_ROOT                 #MD is a potential root device
options         CD9660                  #ISO 9660 Filesystem
options         CD9660_ROOT             #CD-ROM usable as root, CD9660 required
options         PROCFS                  #Process filesystem
options         COMPAT_43               #Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP THIS!]
options         SCSI_DELAY=15000        #Delay (in ms) before probing SCSI
options         USERCONFIG              #boot -c editor
options         VISUAL_USERCONFIG       #visual boot -c editor
options         KTRACE                  #ktrace(1) support
options         SYSVSHM                 #SYSV-style shared memory
options         SYSVMSG                 #SYSV-style message queues
options         SYSVSEM                 #SYSV-style semaphores
options         P1003_1B                #Posix P1003_1B real-time extensions
options         _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING
options         ICMP_BANDLIM            #Rate limit bad replies
options         KBD_INSTALL_CDEV        # install a CDEV entry in /dev
options         AHC_REG_PRETTY_PRINT    # Print register bitfields in debug
                                        # output.  Adds ~128k to driver.
options         AHD_REG_PRETTY_PRINT    # Print register bitfields in debug
                                        # output.  Adds ~215k to driver.

device          ata
device          atadisk                 # ATA disk drives
device          atapicd                 # ATAPI CDROM drives
device          atapifd                 # ATAPI floppy drives
options         ATA_STATIC_ID           #Static device numbering

device          stg             # TMC 18C30/18C50
device          scbus           # SCSI bus (required)
device          vga0    at isa?
pseudo-device   splash
device          sc0     at isa? flags 0x100
device          agp             # support several AGP chipsets
device          npx0    at nexus? port IO_NPX irq 13
device          apm0    at nexus? disable flags 0x20 # Advanced Power Management
device          sio0    at isa? port IO_COM1 flags 0x10 irq 4
device          sio1    at isa? port IO_COM2 irq 3
device          miibus          # MII bus support
device          vr              # VIA Rhine, Rhine II
pseudo-device   loop            # Network loopback
pseudo-device   ether           # Ethernet support
pseudo-device   tun             # Packet tunnel.
pseudo-device   pty             # Pseudo-ttys (telnet etc)
pseudo-device   md              # Memory "disks"
options         MAXDSIZ="(256*1024*1024)"
options         MAXSSIZ="(256*1024*1024)"
options         DFLDSIZ="(256*1024*1024)"

options         IPFIREWALL              #firewall
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE      #enable logging to syslogd(8)
options         IPFIREWALL_FORWARD      #enable transparent proxy support
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100    #limit verbosity
options         IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT    #allow everything by default
options         IPFILTER                #ipfilter support
options         IPFILTER_LOG            #ipfilter logging
options         IPFILTER_DEFAULT_BLOCK  #block all packets by default
options         MROUTING                # Multicast routing
options         IPSTEALTH               #support for stealth forwarding