apache segfault caused by latest c-client.

guy at device.dyndns.org guy at device.dyndns.org
Thu Aug 5 03:06:49 PDT 2004

On 05-Aug-2004 Sahil Tandon wrote:
> guy at device.dyndns.org wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> You may use the sysutils/portdowngrade port to achieve this.
>
> Neat.  But how can I "pause" (for lack of a more technically accurate
> term) to manipulate the cclient patches (I need to add
> CREATEPROTO=mbxproto support) before portdowngrade automatically
> launches portupgrade in its final step?

I have not used portdowngrade recently, but as far i remenber it doesn't
install the port itself. It just put the target port directory back in a
(user choosen) previous state. You still have to install the port yourself.

So you may do :

1) backup cclient config or whatever-you-think-is-worth files (never knows).
2) deinstall the port (using pkg_delete or pkg_deinstall).
3) use portdowngrade to retrieve a previous version of the cclient port
directory.
4) "cd /usr/ports/mail/cclient && make patch"
5) apply whichever other patches you need
6) "make install clean"

On the other hand, if you have to warp the port far back in time, it may
have problems building, depending on which dependencies it needs.

--
        Guy P.