apache segfault caused by latest c-client.

Sahil Tandon sahil at hamla.org
Tue Aug 3 18:25:43 PDT 2004

I'm running 4.10-STABLE and last week ran into an especially frustrating
segfault in my apache logs when trying to login to Horde+IMP.  An
example[1] is below.  I tried debugging via gdb, which yields the
corresponding error:

| Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
| 0x28609fba in ip_nametoaddr () from /usr/local/lib/libc-client4.so.8

... and then:

| # pkg_which /usr/local/lib/libc-client4.so.8
| cclient-2004,1

It looks like c-client is the culprit.  After this I refined my google
searches and found others had fixed the problem by switching to an older
version of c-client.  How can I do this safely without breaking the
other ports (namely UW IMAP itself) that rely on my current c-client
installation?

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil at hamla.org>

[1] [notice] child pid 88766 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)