Looking for ntp/PPS setup guide

Richard Perini rpp at ci.com.au
Sun Aug 1 18:54:11 PDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 10:15:45AM +1000, Gregory Bond wrote:

> Thanks all for the enlightening response.  There is one bit I still don't get:
> How do I tell the kernel which port to look for the PPS signal on with
> PPS_SYNC?

	Greg,

	(FreeBSD-4-Stable)
	I use "device	pps" in the kernel config file, and a MAKEDEV pps
	makes the /dev node.  The pps signal is taken to a pin on the parallel
	port. (I think the ACK pin, but I'm guessing without pulling the
	connector apart which I can't do at the moment).

--
Richard Perini                                       Internet:  rpp at ci.com.au
Corinthian Engineering Pty Ltd                       PHONE:   +61 2 9906 4333