Valgrind for FreeBSD

Rahul Siddharthan rsidd at online.fr
Fri Apr 23 10:22:17 PDT 2004

Doug Rabson wrote:
> > Please rename "valgrind-devel-port" to "valgrind-snapshot-port".
>
> I think I suggested the name valgrind-devel but I have no idea what the
> latest port naming conventions are. If valgrind-snapshot is more
> consistent, then thats the name it should have.

Searching though the ports tree, I don't see any ports called
-snapshot.  Some snapshot ports have a date stamp (eg,
gcc-3.3.4_20040322).  There are dozens of -devel ports which are
unstable development versions of the regular ports (mutt-devel,
rxvt-devel, postgresql-devel, etc).

Many linux distributions use a -devel package for header files, which
they separate out from the main library package.  Let's not go there.

Rahul