iiimf-csconv [was: Re: Can't build gtk20, no ideas....]

Volker Stolz vs at freebsd.org
Wed Apr 21 02:27:01 PDT 2004

In local.freebsd-stable, you wrote:
> I see similar errors repeatably on non-gnome ports on bento, e.g.
>   http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-4-full/iiimf-csconv-r11.4_1.log
> I've not been able to track down what is calling rcmdsh [1], let alone why
> it's failing.

Just to add a data point in case somebody wants to look at this:
Looks like a smashed stack: gdb'ing drops you dead in libc's _start() when
you get back from the "call main", if you use "exit" instead of "return" in
main, something else goes wrong...Interestingly, the problem goes away when
linking with ElectricFence.

Volker
--
http://www-i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/stolz/ *** PGP *** S/MIME
Neu! Ändern Sie den Anfangstag Ihrer Woche