filesystem corruption with 1TB filesystem, 4.9-STABLE, twe

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Mon Apr 19 10:50:17 PDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 06:05:33PM +0100, Ollie Cook wrote:

> This is the first time we've tried the 3ware ATA RAID cards so I don't have
> another 'known good' one. Usually we use SCSI RAID cards. If I were to replace
> it I still wouldn't be able to guarantee that is was 'known good'. I may be
> able to arrange a part replacement, just to test that theory, in any case.

Suppliers are usually glad to accomodate you with spare kit when the
sale depends upon it.

> Are you aware of any utilities which would be able to diagnose what you
> describe? I guess what I'm asking is how did you determine that that was what
> happened last time you saw these symtoms?

Hard to say.  We had around a hundred machines and this only happened
to some of them.  It took some time, and quite a lot of false starts
but eventually we pinned it down to overheating, and fixed the problem
by applying a larger heatsink and uprated fans.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way